Personal Injury Attorneys in Seminole County
Slip and Fall Accidents
Fighting for the Compensation You Need & Deserve
An injury can cause significant pain and stress for you and your family. At Chad Barr Law, our team of personal injury attorneys wants to make sure that those responsible for your injury are held accountable. Whether you slipped on someone’s property, were the victim of a vehicle accident, have been injured by defective products, or another party’s negligence, our experienced team of attorneys can help you.
Call Chad Barr Law today at (407) 599-9036 or contact us online to learn more about our personal injury practice and how we can help you.
Seminole County Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Catastrophic injuries can have life-altering consequences. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a catastrophic injury, retain the services of our law firm right away. We provide compassionate and experienced legal representation throughout Seminole and Orange County, working tirelessly to ensure that your rights are protected. You don’t have to go through this difficult time alone; our team is here to help with all your personal injury needs.
Catastrophic injuries often include the following:
- Auto and truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice and pharmaceutical negligence
- Injuries resulting from defective products
- Injuries involving the head and neck
Protecting Your Future
Depending on the nature of your injuries, certain life tasks may become difficult, if not impossible, for you to complete. Your injuries may also prevent you from returning to work in the foreseeable future, leading to a significant loss in wages. On top of everything else, your medical bills can begin to pile up, leaving you and your family in a difficult position. At Chad Barr Law, our Altamonte Springs personal injury attorneys are dedicated to getting you the financial compensation that you are rightfully owed. Our team is committed to standing by your side every step of the way throughout the legal process.
According to the Florida Division of Motor Vehicles, more than 200,000 auto accidents occur in Florida annually. The odds are at some point in your life you or a loved one will be involved in a motor vehicle accident. Here are some tips to protect you and your loved ones both before and after an auto accident.
Before an accident:
- Review your auto policy annually to ensure that you have adequate coverage to cover any injuries you may cause to someone else if you are at fault in an auto accident. Failing to have adequate insurance coverage can be financially devastating. Contact us today at (407) 599-9036, for a free evaluation of your auto policy.
- Make sure that you have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage on your insurance policy. This coverage is vital to protecting you and your family in the event that you are injured in an auto accident and the person who hit you has no insurance or not enough insurance. If you have multiple vehicles on your policy, you are even able to stack this coverage which means that you multiply the available coverage by the number of vehicles on your policy. Take for instance a family with 3 cars on their policy. If their insurance policy has Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage at $50,000 per person, and the family has elected to stack the Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, then there is now $150,000 in Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage available to each person. It is important to remember that if you are involved in an accident and the other driver has no insurance and you do not have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage then there is no coverage. It is important to review your insurance policy now to ensure that you have this most important coverage. Contact us today at (407) 599-9036, for a free evaluation of your auto policy. We will gladly renew your insurance policy for you to make sure you are protected.
- Keep your current insurance card in the same place as your registration.
- Update the Emergency Contact Information stored by the State of Florida on your Driver License or Florida Identification Card.This will allow emergency personnel access to your emergency contacts in the event of an emergency.
- Give emergency personal access to your emergency contact by storing it in your phone. Add the letters ICE (In Case of Emergency) to the person in your contacts list that you would like to be contacted in case of an emergency. (e.g. ICE-Mom).
- If you lock your phone, you can accomplish the same thing by turning your phone’s lock screen into a potentially life-saving tool by adding important In Case of Emergency (ICE) info to it. You can do this by adding the ICE info to the “owner info” settings in Android (under Settings > Security) or, as with setting information to get your lost phone back, using a screenshot of the information as your wallpaper. If you have an iPhone, here are the In Case of Emergency instructions. By doing this, your ICE contact is displayed on your phone’s lock screen for emergency personnel.
After an accident:
- Always contact 9-1-1 and report the accident. Ask the officer that responds to complete a police report. This is a vital part of your insurance claim.
- If you can safely, take photos of the position of the vehicles and the damage to the vehicles before the vehicles are moved.
- Immediately seek medical treatment. Florida law requires that you seek medical treatment with 14 days of your accident to be entitled to your No-Fault insurance benefits of $10,000.00. For a discussion on No-Fault benefits, please visit our Glossary of Legal Terms. If you wait to see a doctor beyond 14 days, you are not entitled to the No-Fault benefits that you pay for every month.
- Contact an attorney. Do not discuss your accident with any insurance company before you speak with an attorney. When you hire our firm, we will handle every step of the insurance process including reporting the claim. Despite their catchy jingles and endearing spokespeople, insurance companies will find any way possible to deny your insurance claim. We will protect you during the entire process.
Common Mistakes to Avoid After an Auto Accident:
- Not seeking immediate medical treatment.
- Not being consistent with medical care.
- Not hiring an attorney.
- Not staying in contact with your attorney.
- Not showing up at appointments scheduled by your attorney or medical doctor.
When you schedule your FREE consultation, you will meet with the attorney that will be handling your case, not a case manager. We take pride in offering personal and individualized representation for our clients. We are here to help you in your greatest time of need. You do not have to go it alone.
Slip and Fall
The elements to a slip and fall or trip and fall case include proving that the accident was caused by a “dangerous condition” and that the property owner knew or should have known of the dangerous condition and that the condition was one that a “reasonable person” would not anticipate.
Typically the primary issue is whether the property owner acted as a “reasonably prudent person” would have. This comes down to determining things such as how long the dangerous condition existed for, determining what the procedures in place are, if any, for checking the premises to detect such dangerous conditions, legitimate reason for the dangerous condition, the effect of warning signs, etc.
It is important to know that a slip or trip and fall case can be diminished by any perceived carelessness on your part.
In addition, it is important to immediately contact an attorney to ensure that evidence of your accident is properly preserved and gathered.
Other Personal Injury Claims
There are unlimited ways for people to be hurt because of an accident or someone else’s negligence. If you or a loved one has been injured, contact us today for a free evaluation. Chad Barr Law is here to help.
If you have further questions about the different types of personal injury claims, or would like to set up a FREE initial consultation, please contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at the Chad Barr Law, serving the Orlando, Florida area.
Great guy… great Attorney
True Professionalism at it’s best.
Chad and his team were very professional!
I could not be happier with the way Chad handled my situation.
Professional and efficient.
Request your FREE Case Evaluation
Contact the attorneys at Chad Barr Law for an honest and extensive review of your case.